The splitboarding hut weekend will be spent around the Heidelbergehütte. We will make as many as possible meters to get you ready for the next step, a splitboard hut traverse or a splitboarding trip to Norway.
On the first day, we will meet in Ischgl, take the lift up and ride some lines in the resort. After lunch, we go deeper into the valley and splitboarding up to the hut where we will arrive late afternoon. After dinner, we will plan the tour for the next day.
Depending on the fitness and snowboarding level of the group, we will make will be around 500 to 1000 vertical meters a day. This makes it possible for any snowboarder to join this trip, with some off-piste snowboarding experience or someone who already has several splitboarding tours. There will be another group so we are able to make two groups with different levels.
If the weather is not cooperating we can ride in the resort, look into the snow stability, avalanche training, splitboarding Technik’s, etc.
The Heidelberger hütte is a great place, with a warm and welcoming host that provides us dinner and breakfast. From here you can make several tours directly on the Swiss/Austrian border. The rooms are simple and accommodate 2-10 people comfortably. The hut is based in the middle of nowhere at 2264m, with the possibility to tour a few 3000m peaks. Within 30 min. ride down, you will reach the ski resort Ischgl
• Day 1: Arriving in Ischgl, gear check and tour to the hut
• Day 2: Splitboarding tour around the Heidelberger Hütte *
• Day 3: Splitboarding tour around the Heidelberger Hütte and snowboard back to the valley *
* The exact order of riding the resorts will depend on weather and snow conditions
|• Backpack including beacon, shovel and probe.(rentals available)
• Splitboard, skinns, poles and crampons.
• Functional Clothing, Down jacket, Sunglasses, Goggles.
• A Helmet is strongly advised.
• Off-piste insurance is strongly recommended.
Each day we splitboarding 500 until 1000 meters up, this takes about 3 until 6 hours at a relaxed pace. On the way down you should be able to ride in variated – powder snow conditions up to 40 degrees slopes.
Not sure your level will fit? Don’t hesitate to contact.